A True Story of Balancing Loss and Life With Dementia

Featuring Romeo and Juliet Archer

We invite you to participate on this blog with us.
Please join the discussion, add comments,
ask questions.
Above all, sweet souls, learn and grow in love with all your being.



Monday, October 11, 2010

Not a Caregiver's Bone In My Body

How did this happen? Me, who has never enjoyed taking care of anyone or anything, how did I get here? How did I become a caregiver? How did my husband, the love of my lifetimes, get dementia? We kicked and screamed all the way! How did we get here?

I just want to have fun. I just want to live in my beautiful home with my beautiful husband and drive my beautiful car around the beautiful area we live in. I just want to cook beautiful meals and create beautiful art and play beautiful music. I just want to wear beautiful clothes and take beautiful vacations and hang out with our beautiful family and friends.

I just want to have tea with my husband in any coffee shop we choose. I just want to wander the bookstores with him, whenever we choose. I just want to enjoy his intelligent conversation and his company, his conscious presence. I just want to go out for a meal with him wherever and whenever we want. How did this happen? What were we thinking? How did we get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment